Tweetable: Resist checking out! Don’t miss your life! #happyteachers
Learn how to resist checking out. This time of year screams overwhelm! It makes perfect sense if you think about it. We hibernate for months, and then…
- we’re wrapping up a school year
- sporting and extracurricular events are in full swing
- invitations for graduations, wedding showers, celebrations like Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, etc. kick in to high gear
- we’re busy making plans for summer (is anyone else booked until August already?)
- we’re planning for next school year (who’s retiring, moving grade levels, etc.)
…and did I mention the weather’s nice and all you want to do is be outside?!
When things get overwhelming, it’s natural to start checking out. Energy, time, and motivation are lacking, and it’s easier to check out than freak out. In the last week, I’ve heard “I can’t wait until school’s out,” “I can’t wait until summer,” and “I can’t wait until the end of June,” more times than I can count. But that’s 4-6 weeks of our lives.
In this video, I suggest quite possibly the easiest tip to avoid checking out. If you are a teacher and want to find more happiness in and out of your classroom, sign up to receive my weekly video blogs here.